- Events and Newsletters
- Our Science Classes
- Wgtn Science Groups
Flashes, bangs and shampoo’s secrets are coming to New Zealand in July with demonstration lectures and talks by UK chemist and educator Dr Peter Wothers.
This action-packed, family-friendly demonstration lecture explores the chemistry used over the centuries in our quest to find light. There’ll be plenty of flashes and bangs to keep you on the edge of your seat. Read more on Chemistry of Light show.
After this lively talk, you’ll never look at a bottle of shampoo in quite the same way again! From Fooles Bolloxe and beaver testicles to urinating camels and spiral fossils, the chemistry of everyday shampoo reveals a fascinating insight into ideas and achievements through the ages, from astrology to zoology. Read more on Secret Life of Shampoo talk.
- Blogging on Bees
- Dispatches from Continent Seven: science communication and Antarctica: 6pm, 25th May, RSNZ, Aronui Lecture Theatre, 11 Turnbull Street, Thorndon.
- RSNZ Wellington Branch is proud to present a Public Talk by Dr Catherine Knight on the Environmental History of New Zealand’s Rivers: “Our rivers: learning from the past to create a better future”
- Explaining the Colours of the Spectrum to your Child
- Royal Society of New Zealand Wellington Branch Conference Scholarships 2017
- https://t.co/ynPw5pDH14, Aug 04
- Science Express @ Te Papa https://t.co/CtG1vhZiZn https://t.co/ElK20XHJ3l, Aug 03
- RT @labinaboxnz: @labinaboxnz at Makara Model School near Wellington today. Kids engaging with chemistry. Thanks @curiousmindsnz and… https://t.co/i1ettFNnxN, Aug 03
- RT @royalsocietynz: See @PeterGluckman's thought-provoking speech given for @RSNZWellington on how we weigh risks & benefits of new tec… https://t.co/2RY6oMfNcp, Aug 03
- Thanks @PeterGluckman for your talk on New life science technologies & social license tonight. Public needs to be i… https://t.co/t59SOWtGdp, Aug 02
Wellington Branch Facebook Page