- Events and Newsletters
- Our Science Classes
- Wgtn Science Groups
Flashes, bangs and shampoo’s secrets are coming to New Zealand in July with demonstration lectures and talks by UK chemist and educator Dr Peter Wothers.
This action-packed, family-friendly demonstration lecture explores the chemistry used over the centuries in our quest to find light. There’ll be plenty of flashes and bangs to keep you on the edge of your seat. Read more on Chemistry of Light show.
After this lively talk, you’ll never look at a bottle of shampoo in quite the same way again! From Fooles Bolloxe and beaver testicles to urinating camels and spiral fossils, the chemistry of everyday shampoo reveals a fascinating insight into ideas and achievements through the ages, from astrology to zoology. Read more on Secret Life of Shampoo talk.
- Dispatches from Continent Seven: science communication and Antarctica: 6pm, 25th May, RSNZ, Aronui Lecture Theatre, 11 Turnbull Street, Thorndon.
- RSNZ Wellington Branch is proud to present a Public Talk by Dr Catherine Knight on the Environmental History of New Zealand’s Rivers: “Our rivers: learning from the past to create a better future”
- Explaining the Colours of the Spectrum to your Child
- Royal Society of New Zealand Wellington Branch Conference Scholarships 2017
- Help! We need a Treasurer!
- Fantastic lecture last week by Rebecca Priestley and it was great to see so many of you there. Hope to see all of... https://t.co/SNI8vTRvUT, Jun 01
- Science Express @ Te Papa https://t.co/6Rd4qpn10T https://t.co/ElK20XHJ3l, Jun 01
- Thanks to @RKPriestley for a great talk tonight. A little bit of penguin poetry, some Antarctic history and science… https://t.co/L6sMLxsUCV, May 25
- Don't forget about tonight's lecture - we hope to see you there! https://t.co/jl7WM6t94c, May 25
- RT @VicUniWgtn: Hear #VicUniWgtn expert science communicator @RKPriestley talk all things Antarctica at @RSNZWellington 6pm tomorrow https://t.co/NinrIfwLdO, May 23
Wellington Branch Facebook Page