- Events and Newsletters
- Our Science Classes
- Wgtn Science Groups
Flashes, bangs and shampoo’s secrets are coming to New Zealand in July with demonstration lectures and talks by UK chemist and educator Dr Peter Wothers.
This action-packed, family-friendly demonstration lecture explores the chemistry used over the centuries in our quest to find light. There’ll be plenty of flashes and bangs to keep you on the edge of your seat. Read more on Chemistry of Light show.
After this lively talk, you’ll never look at a bottle of shampoo in quite the same way again! From Fooles Bolloxe and beaver testicles to urinating camels and spiral fossils, the chemistry of everyday shampoo reveals a fascinating insight into ideas and achievements through the ages, from astrology to zoology. Read more on Secret Life of Shampoo talk.
- Thank you to the members who came out on an otherwise distracting evening last Thursday, 19th October, for our... https://t.co/p7mqD5HioP, 22 hours ago
- The Discovery of Science, a blog by Brian Jones. Check out https://t.co/LPz9jldK2I, Oct 16
- Another interesting blog, this time from our Vice-President and former President of the Wellington Branch, Brian... https://t.co/CDBOPCW1De, Oct 15
- Science Express @ Te Papa https://t.co/lpO2oXUSh7 https://t.co/ElK20XHJ3l, Oct 05
- RT @royalsocietynz: Editing them out, panel discussion on using gene editing to eliminate pests... #genetalk https://t.co/kxIqTXWoda, Sep 28
Wellington Branch Facebook Page