- Events and Newsletters
- Our Science Classes
- Wgtn Science Groups
2015 is a significant year for New Zealand science history. It is 150 years since James Hector arrived in Wellington to set up many of our national organisations, and also 100 years since Ernest Marsden first arrived in Wellington.
Victoria University of Wellington is hosting a science history conference on 23-24 November 2015 on the theme “Finding New Zealand’s Scientific Heritage”. The conference organising committee is now seeking proposals for papers, posters and discussion topics on their website, with a closing date of 30 June: https://sciencernr.wordpress.com/2015/03/30/call-for-papers-finding-new-zealands-scientific-heritage/
It is planned that a selection of papers will be published in a special issue of the Journal of the Royal Society of New Zealand.
More information on the conference will be posted in Alert once the programme has been finalised.
- Dispatches from Continent Seven: science communication and Antarctica: 6pm, 25th May, RSNZ, Aronui Lecture Theatre, 11 Turnbull Street, Thorndon.
- RSNZ Wellington Branch is proud to present a Public Talk by Dr Catherine Knight on the Environmental History of New Zealand’s Rivers: “Our rivers: learning from the past to create a better future”
- Explaining the Colours of the Spectrum to your Child
- Royal Society of New Zealand Wellington Branch Conference Scholarships 2017
- Help! We need a Treasurer!
- Fantastic lecture last week by Rebecca Priestley and it was great to see so many of you there. Hope to see all of... https://t.co/SNI8vTRvUT, Jun 01
- Science Express @ Te Papa https://t.co/6Rd4qpn10T https://t.co/ElK20XHJ3l, Jun 01
- Thanks to @RKPriestley for a great talk tonight. A little bit of penguin poetry, some Antarctic history and science… https://t.co/L6sMLxsUCV, May 25
- Don't forget about tonight's lecture - we hope to see you there! https://t.co/jl7WM6t94c, May 25
- RT @VicUniWgtn: Hear #VicUniWgtn expert science communicator @RKPriestley talk all things Antarctica at @RSNZWellington 6pm tomorrow https://t.co/NinrIfwLdO, May 23
Wellington Branch Facebook Page