- Events and Newsletters
- Our Science Classes
- Wgtn Science Groups
2015 is a significant year for New Zealand science history. It is 150 years since James Hector arrived in Wellington to set up many of our national organisations, and also 100 years since Ernest Marsden first arrived in Wellington.
Victoria University of Wellington is hosting a science history conference on 23-24 November 2015 on the theme “Finding New Zealand’s Scientific Heritage”. The conference organising committee is now seeking proposals for papers, posters and discussion topics on their website, with a closing date of 30 June: https://sciencernr.wordpress.com/2015/03/30/call-for-papers-finding-new-zealands-scientific-heritage/
It is planned that a selection of papers will be published in a special issue of the Journal of the Royal Society of New Zealand.
More information on the conference will be posted in Alert once the programme has been finalised.
- Thank you to the members who came out on an otherwise distracting evening last Thursday, 19th October, for our... https://t.co/p7mqD5HioP, 22 hours ago
- The Discovery of Science, a blog by Brian Jones. Check out https://t.co/LPz9jldK2I, Oct 16
- Another interesting blog, this time from our Vice-President and former President of the Wellington Branch, Brian... https://t.co/CDBOPCW1De, Oct 15
- Science Express @ Te Papa https://t.co/lpO2oXUSh7 https://t.co/ElK20XHJ3l, Oct 05
- RT @royalsocietynz: Editing them out, panel discussion on using gene editing to eliminate pests... #genetalk https://t.co/kxIqTXWoda, Sep 28
Wellington Branch Facebook Page