- Events and Newsletters
- Our Science Classes
- Wgtn Science Groups
|Royal Society of New Zealand
Wellington Branch Conference
This year the Royal Society of New Zealand Wellington Branch is pleased to offer financial assistance for up to four post-graduate students who:
1. Are studying towards Masters degrees and PhDs at a University within Wellington
2. Wish to attend a relevant conference within her/his own field of research
3. Are members of the Royal Society of New Zealand Wellington Branch.
Our financial assistance will take the form of scholarships up to the value of $500, specifically to assist students to meet the travel and other costs of attending conferences, preferably to international conferences, either within New Zealand or overseas. Our scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis.
Applying for Financial Assistance
Your application should include:
1. A brief outline of your research topic and the degree for which you are enrolled
2. The university and department in which you are currently enrolled, and the identity of your supervisor(s). A brief supporting statement from you supervisor(s) would assist your application.
3. Details relating to the conference (e.g. the conference topic; when and where), including an abstract, and an indication as to whether or not your proposed conference presentation has been accepted.
4. Information on your academic and research performance (e.g. a brief transcript).
5. A brief justification for financial assistance from the Royal Society of New Zealand Wellington Branch
Applications for awards close on 14 July, 2015. Please send your application to Bradley.Williams@vuw.ac.nz
Successful applicants will be notified by 31 July 2015 and the names, abstracts and conference details of the successful applicants will be published in the Royal Society of New Zealand Wellington Branch Newsletter once the presentation has been delivered. The Royal Society of New Zealand Wellington Branch reserves the right to make no awards.
- Blogging on Bees
- Dispatches from Continent Seven: science communication and Antarctica: 6pm, 25th May, RSNZ, Aronui Lecture Theatre, 11 Turnbull Street, Thorndon.
- RSNZ Wellington Branch is proud to present a Public Talk by Dr Catherine Knight on the Environmental History of New Zealand’s Rivers: “Our rivers: learning from the past to create a better future”
- Explaining the Colours of the Spectrum to your Child
- Royal Society of New Zealand Wellington Branch Conference Scholarships 2017
- https://t.co/ynPw5pDH14, Aug 04
- Science Express @ Te Papa https://t.co/CtG1vhZiZn https://t.co/ElK20XHJ3l, Aug 03
- RT @labinaboxnz: @labinaboxnz at Makara Model School near Wellington today. Kids engaging with chemistry. Thanks @curiousmindsnz and… https://t.co/i1ettFNnxN, Aug 03
- RT @royalsocietynz: See @PeterGluckman's thought-provoking speech given for @RSNZWellington on how we weigh risks & benefits of new tec… https://t.co/2RY6oMfNcp, Aug 03
- Thanks @PeterGluckman for your talk on New life science technologies & social license tonight. Public needs to be i… https://t.co/t59SOWtGdp, Aug 02
Wellington Branch Facebook Page