- Events and Newsletters
- Our Science Classes
- Wgtn Science Groups
This year the Royal Society of New Zealand Wellington Branch is pleased to offer financial assistance for up to four post-graduate students who:
1. Are studying towards Masters degrees and PhDs at a university within Wellington
2. Wish to attend a relevant conference within his/her own field of research.
3. Are members of the Royal Society of New Zealand Wellington Branch.
Our financial assistance will take the form of scholarships up to the value of $500, specifically to assist students to meet the travel and other costs of attending conferences, preferably to international conferences, either within New Zealand or overseas. Our scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis.
All applicants for financial assistance must be members of the Royal Society of New Zealand Wellington Branch (information on joining the society can be found at http://wellington.rsnzbranch.org.nz . The annual membership fee is $15).
Recipients must give a presentation at the conference (oral or poster). Recipients of our scholarships must also undertake to give a presentation on their research to the Royal Society of New Zealand Wellington Branch, at a date to be agreed.
Your application should include:
1. A brief outline of your research topic and the degree for which you are enrolled
2. The university and department in which you are currently enrolled, and the identity of your supervisor(s). A brief supporting statement from you supervisor(s) would assist your application.
3. Details relating to the conference (e.g. the conference topic; when and where), including an abstract, and an indication as to whether or not your proposed conference presentation has been accepted.
4. Information on your academic and research performance (e.g. a brief transcript).
5. A brief justification for financial assistance from the Royal Society of New Zealand Wellington Branch
Applications for awards close on 30th April, 2017.
Please forward the above details to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
- RSNZ Wellington Branch is proud to present a Public Talk by Dr Catherine Knight on the Environmental History of New Zealand’s Rivers: “Our rivers: learning from the past to create a better future”
- Explaining the Colours of the Spectrum to your Child
- Royal Society of New Zealand Wellington Branch Conference Scholarships 2017
- Help! We need a Treasurer!
- Royal Society of New Zealand’s 2016 Research Honours: Award Winners
- RT @royalsocietynz: First of 2 #JRSNZ issues about New Zealand's Scientific Heritage online now @RKPriestley @gnsscience @VicUniWgtn… https://t.co/NFuV9sR6H8, Apr 12
- RT @sciblogsnz: Royal Society of New Zealand kicks off 150th celebrations - https://t.co/Hn7a8TgAZ3 https://t.co/BXvP0IqEua, Apr 06
- Science Express @ Te Papa https://t.co/VF8WT3fAXY https://t.co/ElK20XHJ3l, Apr 06
- RT @VicUniWgtn: ‘Bird brain’ shouldn’t be an insult anymore, says #VicUniWgtn’s Dr Rachael Shaw—because #birds can do amazing thing… https://t.co/sDRe50LtCS, Mar 24
- RT @pjlester: @smcnz Congratulations Rebecca @RKPriestley on your PM Science prize! And to Dianne Christenson for the Science Tea… https://t.co/PU0rL1Mn9a, Mar 21
Wellington Branch Facebook Page