- Events and Newsletters
- Our Science Classes
- Wgtn Science Groups
Rebecca Priestley, winner of the 2016 Prime Ministers Science Communication Prize, visited Antarctica in 2011 and 2014 and has communicated about Antarctic science through blogs, magazine articles, a MOOC (massive open online course) and her 2016 book, Dispatches from Continent Seven. In this talk, which includes photographs, video clips and readings from Dispatches from Continent Seven, Rebecca talks about Antarctic science, and her trips to Antarctica, and reflects on the roles that journalists, artists and – increasingly – scientists play in communicating about the icy continent.
Dr Rebecca Priestley is a senior lecturer in the Science in Society group at Victoria University of Wellington.
- Thank you to the members who came out on an otherwise distracting evening last Thursday, 19th October, for our... https://t.co/p7mqD5HioP, 22 hours ago
- The Discovery of Science, a blog by Brian Jones. Check out https://t.co/LPz9jldK2I, Oct 16
- Another interesting blog, this time from our Vice-President and former President of the Wellington Branch, Brian... https://t.co/CDBOPCW1De, Oct 15
- Science Express @ Te Papa https://t.co/lpO2oXUSh7 https://t.co/ElK20XHJ3l, Oct 05
- RT @royalsocietynz: Editing them out, panel discussion on using gene editing to eliminate pests... #genetalk https://t.co/kxIqTXWoda, Sep 28
Wellington Branch Facebook Page