- Events and Newsletters
- Our Science Classes
- Wgtn Science Groups
Rebecca Priestley, winner of the 2016 Prime Ministers Science Communication Prize, visited Antarctica in 2011 and 2014 and has communicated about Antarctic science through blogs, magazine articles, a MOOC (massive open online course) and her 2016 book, Dispatches from Continent Seven. In this talk, which includes photographs, video clips and readings from Dispatches from Continent Seven, Rebecca talks about Antarctic science, and her trips to Antarctica, and reflects on the roles that journalists, artists and – increasingly – scientists play in communicating about the icy continent.
Dr Rebecca Priestley is a senior lecturer in the Science in Society group at Victoria University of Wellington.
- Dispatches from Continent Seven: science communication and Antarctica: 6pm, 25th May, RSNZ, Aronui Lecture Theatre, 11 Turnbull Street, Thorndon.
- RSNZ Wellington Branch is proud to present a Public Talk by Dr Catherine Knight on the Environmental History of New Zealand’s Rivers: “Our rivers: learning from the past to create a better future”
- Explaining the Colours of the Spectrum to your Child
- Royal Society of New Zealand Wellington Branch Conference Scholarships 2017
- Help! We need a Treasurer!
- Fantastic lecture last week by Rebecca Priestley and it was great to see so many of you there. Hope to see all of... https://t.co/SNI8vTRvUT, Jun 01
- Science Express @ Te Papa https://t.co/6Rd4qpn10T https://t.co/ElK20XHJ3l, Jun 01
- Thanks to @RKPriestley for a great talk tonight. A little bit of penguin poetry, some Antarctic history and science… https://t.co/L6sMLxsUCV, May 25
- Don't forget about tonight's lecture - we hope to see you there! https://t.co/jl7WM6t94c, May 25
- RT @VicUniWgtn: Hear #VicUniWgtn expert science communicator @RKPriestley talk all things Antarctica at @RSNZWellington 6pm tomorrow https://t.co/NinrIfwLdO, May 23
Wellington Branch Facebook Page