- Events and Newsletters
- Our Science Classes
- Wgtn Science Groups
Rebecca Priestley, winner of the 2016 Prime Ministers Science Communication Prize, visited Antarctica in 2011 and 2014 and has communicated about Antarctic science through blogs, magazine articles, a MOOC (massive open online course) and her 2016 book, Dispatches from Continent Seven. In this talk, which includes photographs, video clips and readings from Dispatches from Continent Seven, Rebecca talks about Antarctic science, and her trips to Antarctica, and reflects on the roles that journalists, artists and – increasingly – scientists play in communicating about the icy continent.
Dr Rebecca Priestley is a senior lecturer in the Science in Society group at Victoria University of Wellington.
- Blogging on Bees
- Dispatches from Continent Seven: science communication and Antarctica: 6pm, 25th May, RSNZ, Aronui Lecture Theatre, 11 Turnbull Street, Thorndon.
- RSNZ Wellington Branch is proud to present a Public Talk by Dr Catherine Knight on the Environmental History of New Zealand’s Rivers: “Our rivers: learning from the past to create a better future”
- Explaining the Colours of the Spectrum to your Child
- Royal Society of New Zealand Wellington Branch Conference Scholarships 2017
- https://t.co/ynPw5pDH14, Aug 04
- Science Express @ Te Papa https://t.co/CtG1vhZiZn https://t.co/ElK20XHJ3l, Aug 03
- RT @labinaboxnz: @labinaboxnz at Makara Model School near Wellington today. Kids engaging with chemistry. Thanks @curiousmindsnz and… https://t.co/i1ettFNnxN, Aug 03
- RT @royalsocietynz: See @PeterGluckman's thought-provoking speech given for @RSNZWellington on how we weigh risks & benefits of new tec… https://t.co/2RY6oMfNcp, Aug 03
- Thanks @PeterGluckman for your talk on New life science technologies & social license tonight. Public needs to be i… https://t.co/t59SOWtGdp, Aug 02
Wellington Branch Facebook Page