- Events and Newsletters
- Our Science Classes
- Wgtn Science Groups
Cafe Scientifique Wellington and Lower Hutt
Café Scientifique is a place where, for the price of a cup of coffee or a glass of wine, anyone can come to explore the latest ideas in science and technology. Meetings have taken place in cafes, bars, restaurants and even theatres, but always outside a traditional academic context. Café Scientifique is a forum for debating science issues, not a shop window for science. The commitment behind the concept is to promoting public engagement with science and to making science accountable.
In New Zealand, several Cafés meet regularly to hear scientists or writers on science talk about their work and discuss it with diverse audiences. The two in the Wellington Region are Café Scientifique in Lower Hutt, and Wellington City.
Café Scientifique Lower Hutt is proudly supported by GNS Science, Industrial Research Ltd, the Royal Society of New Zealand Wellington Branch, and the Hutt City Council.
Café Scientifique Wellington is proudly supported by GNS Science, the Royal Society of New Zealand Wellington Branch, and Science in Society (VUW).
- Science Express @ Te Papa https://t.co/k42f7ymbSN https://t.co/ElK20XHJ3l, Dec 07
- Science Express @ Te Papa https://t.co/we8L1YkX2w https://t.co/ElK20XHJ3l, Nov 02
- https://t.co/1iFlX4pIin, Oct 26
- A triple treat of @VicUniWgtn Biology students, who were awarded RS Wellington scholarships, at Cafe Scientifique t… https://t.co/EP8aiYAPT3, Oct 26
- Thank you to the members who came out on an otherwise distracting evening last Thursday, 19th October, for our... https://t.co/p7mqD5HioP, Oct 22
Wellington Branch Facebook Page