- Events and Newsletters
- Our Science Classes
- Wgtn Science Groups
Cafe Scientifique Wellington and Lower Hutt
Café Scientifique is a place where, for the price of a cup of coffee or a glass of wine, anyone can come to explore the latest ideas in science and technology. Meetings have taken place in cafes, bars, restaurants and even theatres, but always outside a traditional academic context. Café Scientifique is a forum for debating science issues, not a shop window for science. The commitment behind the concept is to promoting public engagement with science and to making science accountable.
In New Zealand, several Cafés meet regularly to hear scientists or writers on science talk about their work and discuss it with diverse audiences. The two in the Wellington Region are Café Scientifique in Lower Hutt, and Wellington City.
Café Scientifique Lower Hutt is proudly supported by GNS Science, Industrial Research Ltd, the Royal Society of New Zealand Wellington Branch, and the Hutt City Council.
Café Scientifique Wellington is proudly supported by GNS Science, the Royal Society of New Zealand Wellington Branch, and Science in Society (VUW).
- Blogging on Bees
- Dispatches from Continent Seven: science communication and Antarctica: 6pm, 25th May, RSNZ, Aronui Lecture Theatre, 11 Turnbull Street, Thorndon.
- RSNZ Wellington Branch is proud to present a Public Talk by Dr Catherine Knight on the Environmental History of New Zealand’s Rivers: “Our rivers: learning from the past to create a better future”
- Explaining the Colours of the Spectrum to your Child
- Royal Society of New Zealand Wellington Branch Conference Scholarships 2017
- https://t.co/ynPw5pDH14, Aug 04
- Science Express @ Te Papa https://t.co/CtG1vhZiZn https://t.co/ElK20XHJ3l, Aug 03
- RT @labinaboxnz: @labinaboxnz at Makara Model School near Wellington today. Kids engaging with chemistry. Thanks @curiousmindsnz and… https://t.co/i1ettFNnxN, Aug 03
- RT @royalsocietynz: See @PeterGluckman's thought-provoking speech given for @RSNZWellington on how we weigh risks & benefits of new tec… https://t.co/2RY6oMfNcp, Aug 03
- Thanks @PeterGluckman for your talk on New life science technologies & social license tonight. Public needs to be i… https://t.co/t59SOWtGdp, Aug 02
Wellington Branch Facebook Page