- Events and Newsletters
- Our Science Classes
- Wgtn Science Groups
RSNZ Lectures Hosted by RSNZ Wellington Branch
RSNZ Wellington Branch hosts the Wellington lectures of several RSNZ lecture tours. These include the Fleming Lecture, the Rutherford Medal Lecture and the Cockayne Lecture. Notices of these and other RSNZ lectures can be obtained via email by subscribing to Glean Media (see Home Page on this website) and/or by subscribing to the Royal Society of New Zealand Alert, an email service you can join (or unsubscribe from) by visiting subcription page Alternatively you can check for details directly on the RSNZ website
In 2011, we hosted the Wellington Lecture of the Fleming lecture Tour. A video of this lecture, by Emeritus Professor Sir Alan Mark, will be available here at least till about late May 2012.
Wellington was not included in the Rutherford Medal Lecture tour in 2011, but a video of Professor Warren Tate’s lecture can be viewed here.
In 2012, on 21st March, we are hosting the Wellington Lecture of the Cockayne Lecture Tour, featuring Professor Kevin Gould (see below). At this lecture, Professor Gould will be presented with his Cockayne Lectureshp Certificate by an RSNZ representative.
Prior to 2011, the talks hosted for RSNZ by RSNZ Wellington Branch have often been held at the RSNZ Science House, 11 Turnbull St., Thorndon, Wellington, but owing to renovations at Science House, such talks will be held at civic or tertiary education venues until further notice.
- Thank you to the members who came out on an otherwise distracting evening last Thursday, 19th October, for our... https://t.co/p7mqD5HioP, 22 hours ago
- The Discovery of Science, a blog by Brian Jones. Check out https://t.co/LPz9jldK2I, Oct 16
- Another interesting blog, this time from our Vice-President and former President of the Wellington Branch, Brian... https://t.co/CDBOPCW1De, Oct 15
- Science Express @ Te Papa https://t.co/lpO2oXUSh7 https://t.co/ElK20XHJ3l, Oct 05
- RT @royalsocietynz: Editing them out, panel discussion on using gene editing to eliminate pests... #genetalk https://t.co/kxIqTXWoda, Sep 28
Wellington Branch Facebook Page