- Events and Newsletters
- Our Science Classes
- Wgtn Science Groups
RSNZ Lectures Hosted by RSNZ Wellington Branch
RSNZ Wellington Branch hosts the Wellington lectures of several RSNZ lecture tours. These include the Fleming Lecture, the Rutherford Medal Lecture and the Cockayne Lecture. Notices of these and other RSNZ lectures can be obtained via email by subscribing to Glean Media (see Home Page on this website) and/or by subscribing to the Royal Society of New Zealand Alert, an email service you can join (or unsubscribe from) by visiting subcription page Alternatively you can check for details directly on the RSNZ website
In 2011, we hosted the Wellington Lecture of the Fleming lecture Tour. A video of this lecture, by Emeritus Professor Sir Alan Mark, will be available here at least till about late May 2012.
Wellington was not included in the Rutherford Medal Lecture tour in 2011, but a video of Professor Warren Tate’s lecture can be viewed here.
In 2012, on 21st March, we are hosting the Wellington Lecture of the Cockayne Lecture Tour, featuring Professor Kevin Gould (see below). At this lecture, Professor Gould will be presented with his Cockayne Lectureshp Certificate by an RSNZ representative.
Prior to 2011, the talks hosted for RSNZ by RSNZ Wellington Branch have often been held at the RSNZ Science House, 11 Turnbull St., Thorndon, Wellington, but owing to renovations at Science House, such talks will be held at civic or tertiary education venues until further notice.
- Blogging on Bees
- Dispatches from Continent Seven: science communication and Antarctica: 6pm, 25th May, RSNZ, Aronui Lecture Theatre, 11 Turnbull Street, Thorndon.
- RSNZ Wellington Branch is proud to present a Public Talk by Dr Catherine Knight on the Environmental History of New Zealand’s Rivers: “Our rivers: learning from the past to create a better future”
- Explaining the Colours of the Spectrum to your Child
- Royal Society of New Zealand Wellington Branch Conference Scholarships 2017
- https://t.co/ynPw5pDH14, Aug 04
- Science Express @ Te Papa https://t.co/CtG1vhZiZn https://t.co/ElK20XHJ3l, Aug 03
- RT @labinaboxnz: @labinaboxnz at Makara Model School near Wellington today. Kids engaging with chemistry. Thanks @curiousmindsnz and… https://t.co/i1ettFNnxN, Aug 03
- RT @royalsocietynz: See @PeterGluckman's thought-provoking speech given for @RSNZWellington on how we weigh risks & benefits of new tec… https://t.co/2RY6oMfNcp, Aug 03
- Thanks @PeterGluckman for your talk on New life science technologies & social license tonight. Public needs to be i… https://t.co/t59SOWtGdp, Aug 02
Wellington Branch Facebook Page