- Events and Newsletters
- Our Science Classes
- Wgtn Science Groups
Wellington Science Groups
Wellington is home to more science groups than we ever thought possible. Chances are – if you’re interested in it – there’s a group out there for you. At Wgtn Branch, our mission is to support and connect these groups to ensure they survive into the future and keep making Wellington the vibrant city that it is. So here are the groups we know of:
Te Ropu Awhina (VUW)
School Associated Programmes
Wellington Rocket Club
Tech Education Initiatives
Commercial EntitiesSummer of Tech MacDiarmid Institute Zealandia Royal Society of New Zealand Head Office Science Media Centre IPENZ Carter Observatory Wellington Zoo Island Bay Marine Education Centre Te Papa Museum Victoria University Science Faculty Callaghan Innovation (previously IRL) Geological and Nuclear Science (GNS) National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research (NIWA) Environmental Science & Research (ESR) New Zealand Pastoral Agriculture Research Institute (AgResearch) New Zealand Institute for Plant and Food Research (Plant & Food Research) Scion (New Zealand Forest Research Institute Limited) Malaghan Institute of Medical Research (at VUW) Landcare Research Viclink Rotary Wellington REANNZ New Zealand eScience Infrastructure (NeSI) Victoria University of Wellington. Wellington Campus- Massey University
University of Otago, Wellington (Health Sciences Campus) Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment NIWA Wellington Regional Science & Technology Fair Wellington Branch New Zealand Antarctic Society Wellington Botanical Society. Royal Forest and Bird Society, Wellington Branches The New Zealand Institute of Chemistry. MOTU Economic and Public Policy Research Science Communicators Association of New Zealand
If you know of a group that should be on this group, but isn’t, PLEASE let us know about them. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will include them and get in touch ASAP.
- Dispatches from Continent Seven: science communication and Antarctica: 6pm, 25th May, RSNZ, Aronui Lecture Theatre, 11 Turnbull Street, Thorndon.
- RSNZ Wellington Branch is proud to present a Public Talk by Dr Catherine Knight on the Environmental History of New Zealand’s Rivers: “Our rivers: learning from the past to create a better future”
- Explaining the Colours of the Spectrum to your Child
- Royal Society of New Zealand Wellington Branch Conference Scholarships 2017
- Help! We need a Treasurer!
- Fantastic lecture last week by Rebecca Priestley and it was great to see so many of you there. Hope to see all of... https://t.co/SNI8vTRvUT, Jun 01
- Science Express @ Te Papa https://t.co/6Rd4qpn10T https://t.co/ElK20XHJ3l, Jun 01
- Thanks to @RKPriestley for a great talk tonight. A little bit of penguin poetry, some Antarctic history and science… https://t.co/L6sMLxsUCV, May 25
- Don't forget about tonight's lecture - we hope to see you there! https://t.co/jl7WM6t94c, May 25
- RT @VicUniWgtn: Hear #VicUniWgtn expert science communicator @RKPriestley talk all things Antarctica at @RSNZWellington 6pm tomorrow https://t.co/NinrIfwLdO, May 23
Wellington Branch Facebook Page