- Events and Newsletters
- Our Science Classes
- Wgtn Science Groups
The aim of the Royal Society of New Zealand Wellington Branch is to publicise science and technology and provide interesting and topical talks for our members and the public.
All our talks are free and the public are invited to attend.
- Several public lectures each year.
- Two series of monthly presentation and discussion sessions in Café Scientifique style, one series in Lower Hutt and the other in Wellington.
- Assistance with the NIWA Wellington Science & Technology Fair which includes a RSNZ Wellington Branch Special Prize.
- This website, in which we detail our activities and the upcoming public lectures and café sessions we are involved with.
- A monthly newsletter promoting events relating to or organized by the Branch, for which details are available at the time of printing.
- Financial assistance to the Glean Report Wellington about upcoming seminars and other science-related events in Wellington.
- Four travel scholarships a year to local postgraduate students to assist with their attendance at local and international conferences
- Dispatches from Continent Seven: science communication and Antarctica: 6pm, 25th May, RSNZ, Aronui Lecture Theatre, 11 Turnbull Street, Thorndon.
- RSNZ Wellington Branch is proud to present a Public Talk by Dr Catherine Knight on the Environmental History of New Zealand’s Rivers: “Our rivers: learning from the past to create a better future”
- Explaining the Colours of the Spectrum to your Child
- Royal Society of New Zealand Wellington Branch Conference Scholarships 2017
- Help! We need a Treasurer!
- Fantastic lecture last week by Rebecca Priestley and it was great to see so many of you there. Hope to see all of... https://t.co/SNI8vTRvUT, Jun 01
- Science Express @ Te Papa https://t.co/6Rd4qpn10T https://t.co/ElK20XHJ3l, Jun 01
- Thanks to @RKPriestley for a great talk tonight. A little bit of penguin poetry, some Antarctic history and science… https://t.co/L6sMLxsUCV, May 25
- Don't forget about tonight's lecture - we hope to see you there! https://t.co/jl7WM6t94c, May 25
- RT @VicUniWgtn: Hear #VicUniWgtn expert science communicator @RKPriestley talk all things Antarctica at @RSNZWellington 6pm tomorrow https://t.co/NinrIfwLdO, May 23
Wellington Branch Facebook Page