- Events and Newsletters
- Our Science Classes
- Wgtn Science Groups
The aim of the Royal Society of New Zealand Wellington Branch is to publicise science and technology and provide interesting and topical talks for our members and the public.
All our talks are free and the public are invited to attend.
- Several public lectures each year.
- Two series of monthly presentation and discussion sessions in Café Scientifique style, one series in Lower Hutt and the other in Wellington.
- Assistance with the NIWA Wellington Science & Technology Fair which includes a RSNZ Wellington Branch Special Prize.
- This website, in which we detail our activities and the upcoming public lectures and café sessions we are involved with.
- A monthly newsletter promoting events relating to or organized by the Branch, for which details are available at the time of printing.
- Financial assistance to the Glean Report Wellington about upcoming seminars and other science-related events in Wellington.
- Four travel scholarships a year to local postgraduate students to assist with their attendance at local and international conferences
- RSNZ Wellington Branch is proud to present a Public Talk by Dr Catherine Knight on the Environmental History of New Zealand’s Rivers: “Our rivers: learning from the past to create a better future”
- Explaining the Colours of the Spectrum to your Child
- Royal Society of New Zealand Wellington Branch Conference Scholarships 2017
- Help! We need a Treasurer!
- Royal Society of New Zealand’s 2016 Research Honours: Award Winners
- RT @royalsocietynz: First of 2 #JRSNZ issues about New Zealand's Scientific Heritage online now @RKPriestley @gnsscience @VicUniWgtn… https://t.co/NFuV9sR6H8, Apr 12
- RT @sciblogsnz: Royal Society of New Zealand kicks off 150th celebrations - https://t.co/Hn7a8TgAZ3 https://t.co/BXvP0IqEua, Apr 06
- Science Express @ Te Papa https://t.co/VF8WT3fAXY https://t.co/ElK20XHJ3l, Apr 06
- RT @VicUniWgtn: ‘Bird brain’ shouldn’t be an insult anymore, says #VicUniWgtn’s Dr Rachael Shaw—because #birds can do amazing thing… https://t.co/sDRe50LtCS, Mar 24
- RT @pjlester: @smcnz Congratulations Rebecca @RKPriestley on your PM Science prize! And to Dianne Christenson for the Science Tea… https://t.co/PU0rL1Mn9a, Mar 21
Wellington Branch Facebook Page